We had a lovely time at a family wedding near the water in Rhode Island over the weekend.
I dig this photo evidence: my hair is a hot mess (I believe more and more the plucking is due to peri/menopausal hormonal/chemical shifts), my body is like sausage...but I am radiating positive vibration. My smile comes from a deeper well of contentment than a year ago. I am part of this unified, happy and playful family. The Spring was so chaotic...something inside me unstoppably tuned into the churning energies of new life and growth, of spinning momentum. I feel I have been released into Summer. There is relief (presently ironic given how much I have historically hated the type of hot and humid weather we have had for weeks), there is a blinking-into-light-like-a-mole, there is serenity.
I read Beautiful Ruins. Loved the first half and the ending, felt it was kind of meh in between. An entertaining and fast summer read, though, if you are looking for fiction. A lot of people loved this book. Maybe you will, too.
I am feeling like I have my Reader back with InoReader. Here are some recent bits which resonated:
I leave you with my latest iTunes purchase...peace and love, people!
1 comment:
Wow. I just finished reading "What's in Prince's refrigerator?", the soldier's suicide note (and the comments) as well as the Carr guy's pieces....(I did not read the food stuff because I don't cook)...what an amazing bit of reading! I might post the soldier on FB but I fear a lot of hate comments from my relatives who are veterans and cops....who would not tell their tale of war's lunacy and instead insist that their 'sacrifice' in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan made my life possible and free. I don't believe a word of that.
and I did NOT listen to Bobby Darin...my two older sisters were fans of his in their teens and I got enough of him then!
I wonder when they will do a piece on "What's in Bruce's fridge?" (He probably does not have one since he has been on tour for years!
Nice eclectic post!
Post a Comment