Did better at breakfast today: that's my latest yummy vinaigrette in the jam jar and white peony tea with honey in the glass...plus hard boiled eggs wrapped in prosciutto, creamy cucumber salad and lovely lettuce. And, I sat down to eat.
One of these Whole30s I may push through 30 days with no honey, but not this one. My stomach/digestive system really protests the absence of sugar and honey. I am being mindful of minimizing honey as much as makes sense.
The Whole30 book reminded me of magnesium's sleep-friendly properties so I served some up at dinner (the kids and I take a dose with breakfast daily). We all fell asleep quite easily. Time will tell whether this was a coincidence or not.
Funny, as I was making the pesto yesterday with our ginormous bunch of basil, a tiny voice inside suggested I save some of it to use for something else. But, I didn't have anything else in mind and am focused on close to zero waste, so I blitzed it all (and gave some of the pesto to a friend, which made both of us happy). So, of course, this very simple and yummy sounding recipe for lemon basil cookies came across my Reader this morning. I may be buying some basil at the farmer's market this weekend.
Another post, with a recipe for duck fat roasted garlic sweet potatoes has me intrigued about duck fat. Last week at the farmer's market, Kelly and I stopped by the Mangalitsa Pork vendor where we discovered they sell little jam jars of lard for $5 a pop. I'm sure it's not going to be like duck fat, but it's a smaller and more affordable place to start.
I have started watching Orange Is The New Black, and it is solid. A bit Oz, a bit Weeds (created by the same person), quite addictive.
Peace and love.

1 comment:
Looks like a good meal to me. And thanks for reminding me: I have a TON of basil outside. I should make pesto!
Post a Comment