Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whole30 :: Day 15

Halfway is feeling anti-climactic.  Just a little bit.  And that is due to dashed expectations.  I strive to keep expectations to a minimum.  It took awhile, but a good thing I have learned over the years is to discern the difference between deeply felt anticipation (which I cannot control, it's in my nature) and deeply held expectation (which I can control, it's in my mind).

I am not bouncing around like the energizer bunny.  My body has not shed gonzo pounds as it has during past Whole30/Dragon Ways (I am not stepping on the scale, but I can tell).

But, I am calmer, sleeping better, thinking more clearly, connecting more presently.  I can feel my body has more room to breathe.  Which, not surprisingly, feels Sofa King good.


Look at what Jamie sent me...a manatea infuser!  It was a lovely end note to a day tinged with blue.



We took another walk around the block last night, this, too, a mood booster.  The weather has been so gentle and summery.  Really, really nice.




Sag and I have been enjoying the sugar plums that came from the orchard.  Natural gems, I tell you, they are so delicious, so fragrant, so pleasing to the eye and palate.

We received our first tomatoes of the season and this beauty did not disappoint.

My lunch plate called for more vinaigrette!  I love having a go to vinaigrette: Dijon mustard, honey, garlic powder, ume plum vinegar and olive oil.  It takes no time to whisk up.  Yum.


Gem broke our bathroom sink glass (a gift from Cara long, long ago).  "I am really not having a good day," the poor boy said.  I peeked into the kitchen cupboard to see what we might have...and found this ceramic cup that Elizabeth made long, long ago.  It is beautiful and perfect.  Hoping to use it for more and more years to come!

Peace and love.

No comments: