Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Yum


I heart quesadillas.  This one had smoked gouda, sautéed mushrooms (baby bella shrooms/Kerrygold butter) and basil from the farm nestled between brown rice tortillas.  Breakfast of gluten-free champions.  (And, yes, bane of my trying-to-go-grain-and-dairy-free-existence.)

No red tent neessary as it turned out.  Energy rebounded nicely yesterday in between fairly tedious social and educational calendering, running a few errands, and a final playdate with schooling friends (school in town starts tomorrow).

The weather continues to be utterly not up my alley.

A lot lot lot whirling as Fall planning continues.  Daniel is here for the day, a grounding force.

Peace and love.

And a song.  Heard this yesterday in the car and smiled.  I never thought I'd love having Sirius in the car as much as I do!

2 comments:

JET said...

Hi Shirl:

Been thinking about you all alot lately. I hope you are surviving in this humidity. Your blogging has been hitting close to my own food issues. The past couple of weeks my joints have hurt and I've been really achy. When I'd get up in the morning my feet hurt so bad to walk on until I started moving around. After 3 days of cutting WAY BACK on sugar the joint pain has mostly subsided and the achyness is much better. Amazing what sugar, wheat and other foods can do to the body. Sugar also makes me low and tired so I haven't been very social on the blogs. Hopefully, things will get better. Of course the cravings are tough and I hope I don't end up binging on sugar.

Good luck with the paleo foods.

shirley said...

Thanks, Jamie. I am so sorry you've been having aches and pains. Glad you're experiencing some relief. Kudos to you for taking care of business.

You have been on my mind, as well. Will try to catch up with you this weekend. xo