Saturday, September 22, 2012

Verily enjoy the vernal equinox today

I slept abut six hours, mostly with Sag who had a really hard time getting to sleep last night.

After getting out of bed it took some will power and self-talk to not check my email (that is a slippery slope leading to my Reader, Facebook and Twitter).  I unfolded and smoothed out my Four Energy Gates xerox and turned the laptop on.  (Check that link out for videos!)  Yo-Yo Ma's Bach Cello Suites were my background music this morning.

≈ 4 minutes of Gate #1

≈ 4 minutes of Gate #2

≈ 4 minutes of Gate #3

≈ 4 minutes of Gate #4

≈ 6 minutes of Dragon's Way #10

≈ 5 minutes of squatting


Look at how bright I was by the time I was squatting!

After I was done with my Qigong practice, the kids and I got dressed and went to the park.  (They had been reading comics in the room while I practiced.)  We drove with their scooters.  I was surprised to see so many folks at the park at 9:30 on a Saturday morning.  (Clearly, I could stand to get out more.)  We ran into Max, Eli and Lucy and got to catch a glimpse of Giles (our old car).

The kids scooted and played on the playground while I walked a couple of loops on the park paths.  I enjoyed watching the ducks and geese and hearing the splash of the fountain in the pond through the tunes on my iPod.  I forgot my phone so didn't have a watch or camera...which was completely okay.  I used my brain to process what I was seeing and to gauge time.  My Vibrams kept my feet and ramble feeling very fine.


Back in the car, I realized we didn't have enough time to go to the farmer's market if Sag was to eat breakfast and get to his swimming class on time.  I dropped them off and went to the market solo.  I enjoyed the bustle of the market in the cooler autumn air.  In addition to the usual meat and eggs, the patriarch of Vacchiano's Farm sold me on beef short ribs.  I also picked up low-spray apple cider, a quart of new pickles and three bunches of fading chives.

By the time I got home, Cap decided to take Sag to class because I hadn't eaten yet.  When you're eating Paleo, breakfast can't be resolved with a quick bagel or doughnut pitstop.  So, grateful, I settled into preparing myself a pastured egg scramble with chives and bell pepper from the farm sautéed in olive oil made from Catalonian olives (a Fairway splurge that was so worth it!)


Aprés breakfast I enjoyed a steaming mug of black peach tea with wildflower honey.  Very satisfying.


A happy vernal equinox to you.  Sending wishes that you are finding deep balance on this most balanced of days.

Peace.

No comments: