Thursday, September 13, 2012

A tip and a lesson and a mystery

The tip:

One may think this applies only to women, but I think it does to men, as well.  Lately, I have been remembering to massage my chest while in the shower.  Therapeutically.  And I don't mean this (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I know it's healthy because it feels freaking good.  We can't massage our backs, but our fronts?  Yes.  (And I suggest getting someone else to rub your back.)

If you think of flow (as opposed to stagnation) as being healthy (and natural), then it's not much of a leap to see massaging parts of our bodies as beneficial to our health.  Our chests tend to be static compared to our arms, legs, and even our backs.  I learned awhile ago how good it feels for me to rub the area of my collarbone and upper chest.

And, getting right in there with the fleshier part of the chest?  A revelation.  Leave any lingering Puritanism at the door and give it a try.  You won't regret it.  (This doesn't have to be done in the shower, but the heat of the water/air while showering makes "things" more malleable in a good way.)

The lesson:

I ordered a bunch of Math materials from Lulu this morning.  They have a really good sale till Friday, 25% off any order of $100 or more.  (Math Mammoth books are available as downloads, on CDs, and as printed books.  I prefer to pay up front for the nicely bound printed books.  Lulu does a nice job.)

I saved $46 on my order.  Then, I balked at the $26 shipping cost.  (They used to have a non-trackable low rent shipping method which did not come up as an option today.)  I hate paying for shipping so much that the rush of happy chemicals from saving nearly $50 on my order was obliterated by the chagrin I felt about paying the hefty shipping charge.

The lesson here is what?  How would you put it succinctly?  Focus on the good.  Get with the program of living in an online shopping world and accept shipping costs as an inevitable part of that.  Keep it real and get out of your head.

Sigh.

The mystery:


When I excavated my jewelry box a couple weeks back, I found these earrings and do not remember from whence they came.  It was as if I'd never seen them before.  But, I must have, unless someone else placed them in the box.  I think they're made of resin, probably synthetic, but who knows.  I love how they look like hazy light.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

Love the earrings. Very pretty.