After dinner, as the storm system settled overhead and I turned on the air conditioning to escape the oppressive humidity, the kids and I gathered to play some games. Blokus and Uno. We had a three-way tie for the first time ever in Blokus. Uno was rousing and we blasted through a half dozen rounds with a light in our eyes and smiles on our faces.
While they nibbled on their desserts, the seasonal shelf caught my eye. I took down the summer pieces, dusted, and put up the autumn ones. It looks a little different every season, from one year to the next.
The picture on the card was such a timely reminder of an aspect of this season...gathering courage and strength...cultivating our inner fire in preparation for the quiet dark cold of coming winter.
The autumnal tree is one of my favorite things from Sacramento. It just makes me happy every time I bring it out.
The beautiful (love the gorgeous orange) pumpkin was the first thing I ever needle felted. Julia, the first friend I made in Sacramento, was my teacher, guiding me step-by-step with patience and warmth. I miss her.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment