Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jagged and jiggy

Egads.  I have no words for this humidity.  110%.  There's low pressure bearing down on us.  And high winds.



I am fortifying myself with leftover slow cooked pork.  It was freaking delicious.  Probably due in no small part to the high quality meat.  I loved the simplicity of Nom Nom Paleo's recipe.  Served the pulled roast with guacamole, salsa verde and sour cream on the table.  Yum.  (Sis and BIL came over last night to pick up my n'er used bicycle.)

I am listening to lots of music.

I am alternately wafting/awash and pinging/ponging.

I am hyper and held still.

Anyway, I have managed, between compulsive online nattering and pollinating, to be productive here and there, too.

I have paid bills.

I have made phone calls.

I have fed children a balanced meal.


I decluttered the coat/bag hooks.  (Clutter on the bookshelf there, your days are numbered...)

And then, I made shore onto the Isle of Knits.  While poking around and setting things to rights I came across two (deeply) hibernating projects and was shocked to see that I had made progress on both that I had completely forgotten about.  (When did that knitting happen?)



On top is a sock for Brian.  He has big feet.  That is not an optical illusion.  I promised him these socks...maybe three years ago.  I had no idea I'd finished one and am now motivated to finish the pair.  I have to dig for my notes to see what size the needles were...

On bottom is a lap throw I started for Gem...years ago.  I bought a lot of ten or so balls of this yarn (Noro Matsuri).  I was stunned to see there were only two balls left.  I could easily finish this in a week if I put my mind to it.

Interestingly, a third project I was expecting to see was nowhere to be found.  I must have frogged it and cannot recall.  Weird, this knitterly Alzheimer's/ADD...

Off to get some sauce on for the kids' dinner.

Peace and Supremes.

4 comments:

Susan Gurry said...

Your de-cluttering attempts always inspire me. And the way you keep up with the cooking for both you and the kids! I'd hate to be responsible for all that food! But I would probably eat a whole lot better if I did the shopping....and I would also spend a ton more money...we tend only to buy a couple of things at Whole Foods. We go to a meat market in Davis Square and then Demoulas's and Trader joes. Neal is very frugal....

shirley said...

Hmm. It's interesting to think about what/how I'll cook when I am no longer responsible for feeding kids.

I think I'd shop more at TJ's if there was one near us. There's one coming a bit closer next month...

Haha, I like the way you said decluttering "attempts" :-) I know you didn't mean it that way, but it truly is never ending, try and try as I might to reach the end!

Susan Gurry said...

You are so right! De-cluttering never ends...you do some, (make an attempt at a corner, put off the bookcase for another day...and sometimes I do have word-finding problems so I resort to the quick word. If i had thought a bit more I might have used a word that expressed my thought better!

But I love the time and love you put into your food preparation...it also inspires me!

shirley said...

:-)