I was playing around with Photo Booth and was surprised with this image captured. The dreamy and wondrous quality is so the opposite of how I was feeling in the moment...and have been feeling.
I am at a plateau. My weight loss has tapered off, my energy has fallen off, my mood is no longer reliably bright and shiny.
The good thing about this plateau is that there is plenty of room for solid footing.
We have been having an incredibly humid, wet and low pressure entry into Fall. I am really sensitive to this kind of weather and that I haven't curled up into a catatonic fetal ball is saying something.
Change-of-season is a chaotic time in TCM. Been feeling that, too.
September has long been a time of hitting "refresh" for me. This year, though I have been creating the kids' my and our family schedules with more clarity, there has still been a slew of activity whipped up in a short amount of time. Managing the assorted calendars has left me kind of breathless.
Tomorrow, the kids start back to swimming. After lunch, we take off for Plympton to celebrate Theo's fourth birthday. (Amazing...FOUR.)
We'll be back Monday and then Cap is being a trooper and giving me a week off (two if I need it) from cooking for the kids/family. I am removing dairy from my diet (on top of grains and sugar) and I cannot do it without his help. For this manatee, working with veggies requires extra time. The washing, peeling, chopping, and cooking... So, for a week or two I will focus on developing new routines and a new repertoire of recipes and meals just for me.
The following week, I start my swimming class! I am very excited for this. I enjoy swimming, but haven't really swam for a long time. A class seemed just the thing to ease me into a new practice of joyful and peaceful exercise.
I should also be starting a Dragon's Way class with Vinny the same week.
Off to watch Louis CK on Bill Maher...and unload the stress of incessant physical disorder and motes of dust that have been choking me.
Happy Autumn Equinox!
Happy Autumn Equinox!
Listening right now:

3 comments:
Swimming...I really hope it goes well for you. I have such wonderful memories of swimming my whole life...daily swimming a half-mile at the Women's Pool in Syracuse while in school to relieve the depression of the bleak, sunless, snow-filled winters...swim team in high school, announcing the boys' meets, feeling confident at lifeguard-less beaches with my little girls b/c I knew I could take care of them, the zen of laps in the pool.... go for it! May you have a good experience!
I am thinking of trying to start again...with my artificial shoulders, I have no more shoulder strength....the way to get it back? Start swimming again...
Thanks Sue! I am glad you have had swimming in your life...you have had such wonderful experiences. Good luck to you as you consider getting back in the pool!
I'm jealous of the two week cooking break. Awesome :D
Post a Comment