Saturday, September 03, 2011

Scattery

Interestinger and interestinger...

I am pretty sure I am PMSing.  Impulsivity is coursing through my veins and my mind keeps scattering like quicksilver.  I was irritable yesterday, today that is fading.

Compared to "before", this is much easier.  Though my brain is in some sort of overdrive, the spots that my thoughts come to a rest on, haphazardly and fleetingly, have been, for the most part, things on my "to do" list and I have been following through.  (Mind body connection remains strong in that way.)

I haven't had the time/mental calm to actually think about much.  In a way it feels like sleep walking (more like sleep dashing)...which feels a little disconcerting...but, I can't argue with the fact that things are getting done.

There's a reasoned undercurrent to the frenzy.

Some of what I did today:

• talked to John, our CSA farmer, down at the farmer's market.  he is down (very tired), but not out (not discouraged).  the farm has had its share of difficulty since Irene passed through.  picked up scallions, garlic and lettuce from his stand.

• picked up some yummy ground meats (beef, pork, turkey) at the farmer's market, but the cheese people were out of Ewegurt!

• ordered/bought "not" back-to-school gifts for the kids.

• spent the afternoon poolside with Tiina while our kids frolicked in the water...town pools close Monday.

• braved Staples and was happy to find their eco-notebooks.

• went food shopping.

• scheduled and rescheduled some appointments for next week.

• read.  Fist, Stick, Knife, Gun is worth your time if you care about the intersection of poverty, violence, education and home life in the United States.

• ordered/bought birthday, birthday bird, and back-to-school presents for nephew and nieces.

All while summoning focus through wildly bucking synaptic energy or the slightly dazed before or after.  I'm a little worn out.  But, smiling.

me and my new prescription swim goggles.

P.S.  Thanks to Wendy for pointing me in this direction.  I cannot remember the last time I have had such fast service, for such a well designed product, all for a reasonable price.

P.P.S.  I've been working on my own Fall schedule (hence the goggles)...will report here once all is set!

P.P.P.S.  Part of my problem today may have been not enough protein...or not a steady enough stream of it.  I had a small grass-fed steak with homemade pesto aioli for dinner tonight and have been feeling much better since that hit my system.

5 comments:

Susan Gurry said...

Hey -

Are you going to start swimming? That would be cool! I might go back to swim once a week this school year...I learned this summer that my fake shoulders are very under-exercised with regard to swimming...for the first time in my life I was scared in the water!

Shannon said...

Prescription goggles? So cool!

shirley said...

Getting prescription goggles is something I've thought of and never followed through on. So glad I've gone and got them.

Yes, Sue, I will be swimming this Fall!

Susan Gurry said...

Cool! Blog about your swimming! Personally, I love the smell of chlorine....have so many good memories of it!

shirley said...

I will :-)