So, the new financial thingy I am doing is this: every day I write down in a notebook what any of us spent money on that day. I started September 1.
It is scary to see money flow "out". Though, of course, we are gaining things with each spending. With this kind of clarity it is impossible to shop mindlessly.
About a week ago, I was wide awake in Plympton having had some delicious coffee too late in the day. I climbed over my sleeping children and grabbed the iPad. I opened Evernote and began typing in my first Notes.
The past few days those Notes have been coming into fruition as I have referred back to them and accomplished them. Most of these items have been connected to homeschooling and the start of our new quarter...which, truth be told, is like the start of a new year (the September-school connection remains strong in me).
It is remarkable how Cap and I have been making decisions around spending so smoothly. This area used to be a huge trigger for us to get into tense arguments and debates. I can't believe how normal it feels to be financially organized and empowered.
Just continuing to take it one day at a time...feeling very lucky and happy.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment