Cap's at the market picking up some provisions. We had been winding down on perishables in preparation for not being here for a few days and now find ourselves needing to stock up in case we get snowed in...and also so we'll be able to leave at the crack of day on Tuesday...road food and GFCF food ready to go.
The kids are watching a movie Santa left for Sag. Their cold symptoms are definitely on the downswing. They are enjoying Christmas-time.
I enjoyed Easy A with Cap last night and we were in bed before midnight after a long day. My cough has inched itself into my chest after weeks of hanging north. Today I will be cooking (Silk Nog ice cream, turkey chili, carrot tofu scramble, veggie soup) and hitting the financial paperwork. I'd also like to organize my herbs and start taking them again.
It's so strange to me...I've been taking my Chinese herbs for years in slightly varying configurations without a hitch. But, since resuming my treatments with Vinny about a month ago, after a three month hiatus, I have not been able to get into a groove with the herbs (or the Qigong, but that's happened before and is less mysterious).
I'll see Vinny again in about 10 days. In the meantime, despite a road trip to Massachusetts, I'd like to get back to a routine of taking the herbs and practicing Qigong. My goal is to be traveling to Japan and California with more energy and strength. (That trip is coming up in early February.)
Now that Solstice and Christmas are in the rear view, and my 45th birthday is approaching, I feel a surge of energy and inspiration towards self-renewal. The trick is to balance this energy with the earthly activity that simply needs to get done.
Peace and love.

2 comments:
I was just reading the news and thought -- I hope they didn't get on the road yesterday. So relieved to see you did not. I don't know yet if my parents made it to SFO last night. Still only 8am here. Stay warm!
~B
Thanks B! Hope your parents made it in without too much drama.
As it turns out, Sag seems to have caught another cold virus. He's been popping a 104+ fever for about 24 hours now. It would have sucked to be towing him about MA in his condition...
xoxo
Post a Comment