anni-tulips.
I've been dealing with some anxiety this week waiting for packages to arrive and worrying about timing. Late this afternoon, almost as if to justify the anxiety which I've been deeming "silly" trying to shrug it off, I discovered that three packages, from three different companies, were all "delivered" to my front door by UPS on Tuesday. I never received them.
Mistakes happen...and so does petty theft (my gut tells me it was a delivery error, but we do live on a wide and somewhat busy street and it's possible someone saw the delivery being made to the edge of the porch, as opposed to right to the door, and could not resist what they saw as an opportunity.)
As a matter of fact, community indifference happens, too. In our case, I attribute it to living on a wide street with driveways, lawns and yards bordering and surrounding each house. It's possible that our being renters on a long block of mostly owners comes into the equation. It's possible that everyone is simply on the shy side. I have never felt an open and/or intimate neighborhood vibe here. So, it's possible that someone nearby received our packages by accident and...decided for whatever reason to not bring them over.
Whatever it was that happened, it was a hassle to get in touch with each company and get the processes of "what next?" going with each of them. But, very far from being the end of the world. If you've even made it this far, thanks for reading. This has been a good reminder to me to "shop local" :-)
P.S. None of the packages contained Christmas gifts for the kids. Phew :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment