• start tracking periods again. it may help with planning to know when the chemical dips and chaos happens. if there is a pattern, it will reveal itself through keeping track.
• start making a day's agenda in the morning...or the night before. for my brain, this may be more helpful than a regular calendar of events or a week's schedule.
• start taking walks. remember to put it on the day's agenda. getting fresh air helps me a lot but I often don't remember to do it.
2 comments:
Hi,
I keep two lists...one, a larger 'to do' list, combining work and home, with no deadlines. Each night, I review this big list and then write a daily list for the next day. At the end of each day, I cross off what I have accomplished (even if it is as small as packing my gym bag) and I add to the next day's list what I haven't accomplished. And, since next week is my school vacation week, I have started a post-it list of what I want to accomplish that week.
And I keep a small spiral notebook in my purse at all times, using each page as my daily list. For today, I wrote "Lunch: One Bowl" meaning I wanted to eat my lunch One-Bowl style...
Just a thought!
Guess what? I pulled out my little 2010 spiral calendar book which has mostly not been in use yet this year to jot down today's list!
It's small enough that I'll be able to tote it around easily.
Great minds think alike :-) Now, do you do this because it's a generic organizational strategy you've picked up along the way, or have you connected it to ADD specific thinking?
I started reading one of Ed Hallowell's books today (he's in Cambridge and I remember reading his stuff when I was at Lesley :-) and he talks about how ADD is not just the varied collective of "symptoms"/tendencies, but how those characteristics impact one's life... Good stuff.
A highschool friend I recently reconnected with on FB recommended a book called Women and ADD which I've requested through the library. ADD is diagnosed 3x more in males than females and I think as an adult woman asking the sorts of questions I am asking, there are likely some gender specific issues which will be better addressed in this book.
Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, Sue!
Post a Comment