Happy day everyone.
1 1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
3 Tbs. canola oil (I used safflower.)
sea salt and pepper to taste
5 Tbs. butter cut into pieces and softened (I used vegan soy butter.)
1 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. maple syrup
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
(I'm an "eyeballer" and often don't use standard measuring tools when cooking. This may be why my dish didn't caramelize. But, it's also why I think so many enjoy my cooking. I ain't afraid to use fat, salt, and other seasonings and condiments.)
Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves. Slice through the core to make 4 or 5 slices per sprout. In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil over high heat (I used our trusty cast iron skillet.)
When oil is hot, add sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until beginning to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
Add butter, brown sugar and syrup and stir fry over moderately high heat until sprouts are crisp-tender and sauce is caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in cider vinegar to taste.
Serve immediately. (I'll be reheating mine at my sister's in a few hours.)
No comments:
Post a Comment