One of the things I forgot to pack was the cord which connects from my camera to the computer to down/upload photos.
Luckily, Stefan has a nifty little gadget which allows me to empty my camera onto it and then it can be uploaded into Cap's laptop.
But, at the moment, I am using Wendy and Stefan's computer and don't have access to the photos I've taken so far.
Our flight was fab. Traveling with a 7 and 8 year old is so much easier than traveling with littler ones. All was mellow and I got some knitting done.
The weather here has been hot during the day, cooling off as soon as the sun starts to set. It's raining now and will be, on and off, through tomorrow.
We went to a fantastic playground yesterday where the kids had a blast climbing, jumping, climbing, sliding, climbing, and swinging.
The book, Twilight, became available for me at the library the day we left. (I'd had a reserve request out for it for 2-3 months.) I broke one of my cardinal rules (traveling with a library book) and brought it with me. I finished it in less than 48 hours. I understand the frenzy. I understand the addictive quality of it. Julie, I may be asking to borrow some of your books soon!
Mitzi, the new kitty here, is sublime. I like her a lot and think she's a great cat. My allergy symptoms have been very mild to non-existent. I am so glad she found them and they her.
The kids and I are adjusting to not being home. We are such homebodies. Sag has already told me that he is homesick. Cap is around, working on his conference stuff, and leaves Tuesday for Orlando where he'll be conferencing for 6 days.
I went to their CSA with Wendy today to pick up their veggie share. It was the crunchiest scene I'd been to in a looong time. It was a haven, this community farm, nestled amongst the city.
All the kids are with the dads at the Y. Wendy is cleaning, I'm catching up on my computer time. I'm enjoying the quiet.
2 comments:
You can borrow them, but only one at a time, since I reread them often.
That said - now that I am completing my third time through the series - it might be a good time for me to take a short Twilight break.
I love them - but I don't want to overdo it and get sick of them.
Are you driving through anytime? They might be a little expensive to ship.
Thank you---didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything. When I get home I'll look into which of the books I can get from the library. I can probably get them all there.
Have you read the books True Blood is based on? They are supposed to be good, too, and I am putting them on my reading list.
Post a Comment