Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jottings

• My bag from AC is only half unpacked.

• I joined Facebook which has been entertaining though yet another time drain in front of a screen. I did find Steve, an old boyfriend, who I'm looking forward to catching up with.

• Barbra's scarf is giving me a whirl. The process is calling forth reserves of patience previously untested in my knitting life.

• Halloween is Friday and our pumpkins still need carving and their costumes need fine tuning.

• We all have colds. Vinny boosted me yesterday with cupping, new herbs and a new exercise.

• It's a fifth Wednesday so tonight we're doing potluck at Donna's. I'm making Brussels sprouts, cuke slices and GFCF chocolate chip cookies.

• I saw it yesterday. Frozen clumps of wet falling from the sky.

4 comments:

Julie_c said...

Really? you saw some snow? Wow.

We're planning on doing our pumpkins tonight. Cam wants a Darth Vader one. Hmmmm. I might have to go online and find that design.

Of course I'm still kind of sick so the last thing I want to do is carve a pumpkin. But a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

I hope you feel better soon.

jet said...

I thought about joining Facebook but am weary about having another place I need to check messages and devote time to- we'll see what happens. Jared is on Facebook which was another temptation to join and check out what he's up to at school!

Sorry, to hear you all have colds. Another sign that winter is quickly approaching. And seeing snow- yikes!

I had cupping done by my massage therapist a month ago. I had some nice purple welts on my back. It took over 2 weeks for one to go away! It helped for a week or so and then my shoulder tightened up again. Hope it does the trick for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh...I'm starting to feel guilty...
but it does look lovely.

The funny thing is, I think I can relate to your struggle. It sounds like what often happens to me when presented with beads that I did not choose for a necklace that is not for me. New challenges abound. I find it much easier to work with material that I am personally drawn to.

~B

shirley said...

No, no, don't feel guilty. Yes, yes, I knew you'd understand the interesting, and at moments, challenging process of working with "commissioned" materials/design :-)

Also, I am still a knitting novice so as I branch out, I encounter learning situations which are exhilarating, or have me wanting to scurry back to the comforts of what I know and do well.

The color of the yarn is really smashing. And I'm glad you like what you see so far...