Friday, October 31, 2008

Vintage yarn

Here are some pics of the stash enhancement provided by a friend of my mom's. I'm guessing that most of the yarns are about as old as I am.

Lion is a brand that still exists today.

I've never knit 100% cashmere.

Or 100% mohair.

This yarn totally looks like cotton candy. The natural light was fading fast and I couldn't get a good color-likeness with the flash.

The label is so funny.

These were made in France. There are 10 skeins of the green.

Less of the cream and pink.

There's a good amount of this yarn, enough for a garment, I think.

One of my favorite colors.

There is a lot of yarn. I stopped photographing because the shots taken with the flash were not great. It's wonderful to have new-to-me yarn in amounts that will be enough for a variety of projects. I'm going to need a new tote, and, new space on my craft supplies shelves for these additions to the family :-)

No comments: