Saturday, October 04, 2008

Six things on a saturday

1. We're on the road often. Or so it seems. Lately, every time we pull into a rest area I am secretly pleased as punch that I have two boys and a male partner because I get to go to the bathroom all by myself.

2. My iPod mix for my plane flights provides the background music these days (go here to see who's in the mix). I can't remember the last time I listened to so much music. Thumping out of the computer speakers, turning the detritus of our days into a stage amongst which to whirl and smile and rock out.

3. Watching the Red Sox in the post season---always exciting, unnerving and fills us with hope.

4. The knitting needles are working away. The yarn coming together in patterned harmony is so soothing and satisfying.

5. Gobs and gobs of Chinese tea: cold prevention and digestion formulas. With dollops of honey.

6. Turning to poetry. Shyly, yet with determination. This and this entered our home and our lives yesterday.

No comments: