As we settle into Fall, Cap has been making breakfast for the kids. And the kids continue to do more morning work...making their beds, unloading the dishwasher, getting their own thing in the kitchen, etc. This is great for me. It gives me time to relax into my morning.
Last night I went to bed earlier. I overshot my 10 o'clock goal by an hour, but woke up an hour earlier than I have been, feeling rested. This slot of time will be mine to fill with practicing Qigong, communing with nature, writing, eating... Morning meditation to be with myself within the universe.
(On the weekend this time is used for my solo job of meal planning and food shopping.)
I am simplifying what I put into my body food-wise, for the next few weeks. (Then I will eat whatever I want while visiting Barbra. Then I will do a Dragon's Way session for six weeks.) This week I realized I have become one of those people. My appetite for coffee now supersedes that for breakfast. Will wonders ever cease?
Pastured egg scramble in Kerrygold butter with scallions and plum tomatoes. And a mug of mocha java coffee with pastured half-and-half.
We have cycled back into down comforter season! The kids and I love love love snuggling into down three seasons of the year. I miss my apples cover, especially this time of year, but the birdies and pussy willows will do.
This afternoon I will read my library book. I've had it for ages and can no longer renew it. I finally started it a couple of days ago and want to finish it. It is due tomorrow. What a blessed life.
Peace.
3 comments:
With the mornings being cooler, Maya has started crawling under the covers and has wanted her belly rubbed :-)
Ooh, smart, instinctive child, this Maya! Stomach is the organ of late Summer, and abhors cold, loves warmth, and gentle, circular stimulation. She's right on time!
Kelly, Maya is a cat but she is my baby. She's smart, sensitive, loves to play and brings me lots of happiness.
Post a Comment