Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crossing the schism

I took a bite and thought: take a picture!

pastured eggs, sun-dried toms, pine nuts, Parm, grass-fed butter

I'm back.  I'm feeling better.  I'm my (other) self again.  I like to think of this as my true self.  But my thoughts of yesterday have me thinking.  If I am to be honest and fair, when I feel crappy and the thought of cooking anything is anathema, that's me too.

I don't know if it's because I'm sensitive...or kinesthetic...or just mental...but when I am any of my selves, it is as if I have jumped a chasm, entered a separate and different world.  Schismatic, yes.

All my aches are gone and I fell asleep much easier last night.  When I made dinner for myself (Cap's doing dinners for him and the kids this week), there was none of the angst about what to eat, what I could eat, what I shouldn't eat.  I sautéed some zucchini half-moons in grass-fed butter with a handful of walnuts, Kosher salt, some grinds of black and white pepper, and red pepper flakes.  Yum.

This morning, one of my new favorite ingredients, sun-dried tomatoes, sang out to me.  I made the scramble above and was delighted.

Peace and good nosh to you.

No comments: