Monday, March 26, 2012

A few things

The kids are watching a movie by themselves from the On Demand menu for the first time.  (Mr. Popper's Penguins, which Sag read as a DEAR book recently...DEAR=Drop Everything And Read.)  It's a milestone.  Felt a pang of bittersweet shoot through my heart when I walked in on them.

More hormonal wackiness.  I do think the Barleans Essential Woman is helping tame the emo spikes of PMS this cycle.  But, today I had some wild "bubble" works happening in my GI tract.  Like a seltzer factory had been shoved in there.

Read this very timely post, in the morning and have been thoroughly enjoying a rare purchase: organic dried apricots.  Yum.

Turned the heat back on a few minutes ago.  After a week-plus of temps ranging up to 90º, tonight it will be in the twenties.  Mother Nature is feeling a bit hormonal herself.

Peace and love.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

I'd heard the book (Mr. Popper's Penguins) was very sweet. I've found that Cam doesn't love older books. We've tried a few things, Roald Dahl to Phanton Tollbooth, and he might sit through it, but he prefers books written more recently. Maybe it's the pacing, maybe it's the language. He recently read Dead End in Norvelt and loved that.