It's been a day of pieces strewn, yet touching. No pattern, but a harmony of sorts keeping total chaos at bay.
I almost didn't buy the book of knitting-connected essays. I tend to forget about my Educator's discount until I am at the register at Barnes and Noble and today, at point of purchase, I was quietly relieved for the 20% discount. I was worried that the book was going to be cheesy. Despite a strong review I read or heard, where, I can't recollect. I was thinking maybe I should have borrowed it from the library. (I have since requested Rat Girl from the library...not because I don't think it's going to be good, but because I really do need to curb my book buying a bit.)
This afternoon, while the kids played quietly (popped low grade fevers once again) and Cap worked and power napped, I opened the book and started reading. It is a great collection of memoir-essays. I am thoroughly enjoying them and am glad I came upon it in the store today.
It is sinking in. How reading is learning. I'm a kinesthetic learner and so it is not surprising that my return to ravenous reading after a decade-ish away has led to this gut reaction. I am alternately tickled and moved by the moments I am having while reading. Of connection, of recognition, of reflection, of cognition. I am so appreciative.
Tomorrow, I go cold turkey off sugar and grains. It's going to be tough for a few days. I may go quiet, or I may complain loudly. I have not been enjoying meat and dairy lately. Consuming them mostly to eat down what we have so it won't go to waste. So what will I eat? Nuts, vegetables, fruit and eggs. Really? Can't imagine being sustained by that...but, as Spring comes upon us, it is a TCM time for cleansing/rebirthing and lightening the load to help the process along.
My body has me...not skeptical so much as quizzical.
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment