this.
Practiced 1-8 of the Dragon's Way Qigong series this morning. For the first time in...a long time. I realize that my response to energy work is nimble. I begin yawning almost immediately. Things start to move inside me quickly. Today, I coughed up some phlegm, too. Pretty phlegm, not gross. Clear little pearls. (Apologies if this is too TMI for you.)
I have movement and cleansing on the brain. I have considered buying a piece of home exercise equipment before, but the cons have historically stacked up against the idea. Not so much right now. This one seems compact enough to store in a corner of the living room if I let go of a piece of truly non-functional (sentimental...and somewhat aesthetically pleasing) furniture from my childhood. The cost is doable, especially if compared to membership at the Y.
The biggest pros are:
• I am more fully recognizing and embracing my desire to even exercise.
• I could use this tool in front of the tv.
• This tool fits my homebody/introverted personality.
• Recognizing that having a tool like this at home will not lessen the amount of time I spend outdoors taking walks. This doesn't subtract from the sum, it adds to it. (Well, of course it will subtract some dollars from the bank account, but in terms of the exercise I am already getting, which is close to zero, there's no going in the "less" direction.)
• Walks outdoors can continue to be meandering and leisurely, cutting down on my itchy skin-frictiony issues. Also, an indoor, at home tool cuts out all the meddling middling "men": weather, childcare, scheduling, the occasional anxiety about being out alone.
• Cap now uses one of these at the Y so this may get used by more than one person.
Hope things are moving for you. Peace and love.

3 comments:
If you haven't already, I would recommend trying that kind of equipment before you purchase one. Maybe you can get a day pass to the Y and see if you like it. These things are also bigger than they seem, so you might want to check out the measurement and block it out visually. Good luck with your decision. ~B
Measurement and visual blocking off has been done :-) As you know, our space is small and so size and storage are high on the list of considerations. If we get it, there's no way around having it in the corner of the living room. All hope of ever having the looks of an Ikea catalogue, out the window ;-) As far as trying it, I've been on them before. There are pros for this as opposed to a stationary bike or treadmill. And, my learning style is kinesthetic. I have to "do" before I can know for sure what's what. It makes for more drawn out and potentially costly experiments, but it is what it is. In other words, I won't really know till I get one set it up and work with it for a few weeks before I know whether it is really right for me. Thx for the feedback! xo
One question: How loud is this? We have a treadmill in our family room in front of the TV; bought it when the kids were little and we couldn't get out to run. But, it was too loud to use while watching TV, so if I was on the machine, the kids were upstairs...however, once you get into a routine with exercise, and having it in your house is easier than going to a gym, you'll probably use it a lot.
My kids often used the treadmill as teenagers also, so it got a lot of use.
Just check to see what noise it makes if you think you will use it watching TV.
Post a Comment