Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tonight's table



I don't set a table as often as I would like to...but, hmmm...maybe that's what makes it so special.  I just love the quiet anticipation.  The patient beauty of it.



I baked a GFCF carrot cake tonight.  To celebrate V's arrival and to celebrate Cap's birthday (carrot cake is his favorite).  The raspberries were spotted by V in the supermarket this afternoon.  Gem, a fellow lover of raspberries, was thrilled.

4 comments:

Julie_c said...

I forget. Why do you have a guest? She's the daughter of a friend or something like that?

shirley said...

You have it just right. V's mom, J, was an AFS exchange student to my high school. She came from Switzerland and lived for a year with my best friend's family.

We became, and then remained, good friends.

J now lives in Lima with her husband (who is Peruvian), V, and V's two brothers.

V wanted to go abroad during her summer break and though NJ wasn't her first choice, she agreed with her parents that staying with friends beat doing a home stay with strangers, for this trip.

So, she's with us for a month. She is so easygoing and happy to be here with us. I think the month is going to zip by!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I know who this is....J. is the one I visited in Switzerland on the way to Italy. Correct? Oh my.

~B

shirley said...

Yes! Sorry it's a little cumbersome...this trying to give some more privacy to innocent bystanders of my life, here on my blog... :-)