Friday, January 15, 2010

Images



What the kids gave Cap for his birthday.  They remembered that he'd mentioned this game on more than one occasion.



My gift to Cap...hope it arrives soon.  I would love for this book (it looks promising) to inspire our imaginations...and for ensuing dreams to propel us towards a family trip to Finland in five to ten years.

 



This week, Cap related to me his desire to provide the children with formal handwriting instruction.  For reasons of time and practicality, we decided that I will take this on.

For reasons of time and practicality, I decided to order these books from Amazon.  I learned about D'Nealian handwriting when I was working just outside Boston.  It is a style of manuscript (printing) that is very conducive to flow into the formation of cursive letters, when the time for cursive comes.

Why reinvent the wheel when the wheel has proven quite functional and meaningful?

No comments: