Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sacred singing

V and I went to my friend E's house for Sacred Singing this morning.  It was wonderful.  We sang a lot of songs, chanted some chants...broke delicious bread together.

It was nice to hear/sing some old and familiar songs like Dona Nobis Pacem.  A new song for me was How Great Thou Art, which I really loved.  This video clip provides the melody, which is the element of the song that moved me most.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of our days in the St. Luke's choir! -- Karen

shirley said...

I was *so* thinking about the choir and St. Luke's...it was a really amazing convergence of something new and now and something so old and precious.

I didn't remember that you were in the choir...ahhh, my brain cells need some calisthenics!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I remember it so well! Remember those musicals they put on! I remember being a page in one of them!

shirley said...

My memories of you are tied to school and neighborhood. Though I do remember now doing those musicals with you. :-)