Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tea challenge


What the tea basket typically looks like.

I've been inspired by my friend, S.  She recently took inventory of her pantry, cupboards and freezer.  And figured out that she has enough food to feed her family for awhile, which will allow for a significant decrease in grocery spending over the next few weeks.

 
This morning, when I saw the tea basket, I sensed an opportunity.  I dumped the contents out.  21 boxes, tins or bags of tea.

My tea challenge: do not buy anymore tea until the tea I already have is consumed.

 
I'm starting with this bright green bag which contains loose bags of tea collected from the bottom of the basket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. There are always some sad tea boxes sitting in my cupboard, neglected.

Shannon said...

Cool ;-) I read a journal/comic one where this woman had too many tea bags (like only one or two left per box) so she put them in a big jar and made a sort of tea russian roulette. She'd pick a bag and have to drink it no matter what it was, lol!

Now what I really need to do is inventory and organize the spices. Oy.