Saturday, January 09, 2010
Bday scarf
Are you sitting down? Yes, it's a knitting post.
Our good friend W turned 10 this week. In celebrating him, I began my first knitting project of 2010. A simple chunky scarf using Wool-Ease that I had in my stash.
This is a kid who likes to be active and outside. A lot. So I needed a yarn which would withstand not only snags in trees and tumbles on the ground, but also washings. And more washings.
I had some of the green leftover from nephew T's birthday hat, so decided to add stripes...which breaks up the black nicely, I think.
I have 10 stripes going on the end I started with. Will see if there is enough yarn to do 10 more stripes at the other end. Of course I realized too late that I could have done 5 and 5 and that would have equaled 10 with no drama of running out of yarn. But I only unravel when absolutely necessary.
Sigh. I'm just like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment