Friday, January 15, 2010

My new sweater

I have a new sweater.  My friend, B, gave it to me.  The angora drove her crazy with itchiness.  The really lovely thing about this is that we haven't been friends for long.  But, we connect and somehow, she thought I might like this sweater.

And I do.  I love it.  I love the colors, I love the fair isle, I love the pattern.  I also favor sweaters that are warm and light in weight, which this one is.

I wasn't sure how it was going to look on me, though.  As much as I like pink, it can be a tricky color to wear.  Even more so, florals.

Well, I love it on, too.  And am so grateful.  I don't own many sweaters and so I tend to wear them hard and into the ground in a couple of years.  This sweater has come at the perfect time...during a sweater dry spell (hadn't quite reached famine proportions).


Cozy.


Dreamy.


Happy.

Thank you, B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, it's gorgeous, Shirley! I love it. Hand me downs are the best. Which reminds me -- Thanks a bunch for the clothing from your boys! The kids were very excited. WIth our washer broken and most of our clothes still dirty, it came on the perfect day. We had to get our washer replaced so I'm catching up on laundry now but I couldn't have asked for better timing.

shirley said...

You're welcome! There's something so awesome, literally, about good timing. Serendipity and all that :-)

Anonymous said...

You are looking mahvalous my friend. Your spirit is bright and shiny...thinking of you...sending love.
~B