(...generally speaking, not recommended. But, it's where my head is at right now.)
Last night I went to bed early. I was feeling like I had a cold and was too tired to do much of anything. I couldn't concentrate on watching tv. I realized it was being upright that was the problem. When I lay down with my book, I instantly felt a bit better. But then, I became too tired for that, too.
So I fell asleep as the boys did, or possibly even before, which is a rarity. I slept soundly till I woke. Not with a start, but with an unmistakable switch from "off" to "on". I saw the kids' night light was still on, and that Cap appeared to be asleep. As I lumbered out of bed to turn the night light off, I was surprised to see that it was 3:26 (I thought it was much earlier). And I realized I had to pee. (Another rarity.)
I lay back down and closed my eyes thinking I was going to fall right back asleep. But, I didn't. I had insomnia and was up for about two hours, I think. I wasn't going to put my glasses on to read the numbers. Putting my glasses on would be a signal of defeat.
I surrendered to some fantastical visions for awhile, but then began to toss and turn. And got hot again. It's not hot flashes, per se, though I am going to ask Vinny about that connection. I think it's continued liver stagnation creating excess heat which needs to be shaken off...
No comments:
Post a Comment