Saturday, February 14, 2009

Truth

1) When what is spoken is forgotten. Because what is remembered are the perspectives of two individuals. And those remembrances are critically different. So where did the truth of the original go? And is there really nothing to be done (because we don't live in a world with transcribers hidden just off stage)? Do the interpretations become the new truth? But if it's a split personality of truth, is the oft seemingly futile exercise of reconciliation the way to go?

2) When what is spoken is heard as an implication rather than what was said, literally. I am not an implier. My intention is for my words to be taken as the truth of what I feel, the true expression of my thoughts and ideas. In the calm, I am striving for simplicity, the root. I attempt to carve away unneeded flourishes. I am not leaving implications hanging in the air, I am staying as firmly on the ground as an Air sign can.

1 comment:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

I just tagged you on my blog. Go check it out