Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lady of leisure

At the train station.

Brooklyn Museum, exterior.

Brooklyn Museum, exterior.

Brooklyn Museum, lobby.

Brooklyn Museum, lobby.

Brooklyn Museum, atrium.

Brooklyn Museum, atrium.

With Cara and Anna. We met in 1984 and still thoroughly enjoy each other's company. It felt great to be on the other side of having little ones and having hours to hang out.

Dinner was at Robin Des Bois Sherwood Café (I had a small plate of sautéed wild mushrooms over salad greens and a Maine crabcake with chipotle remoulade) and here we are during dessert at The Chocolate Room (I had a scoop of Belgian chocolate ice cream with caramel...not as good as Toscanini's!)

He was watching and listening to the big vehicles passing by.

A boy and his stroller.


After a couple of moments of quiet debate, he opted not to cross the wobbly bridge.

He is noticing that his stroller is in the hands of another.

Bringing laughter, truth, and beauty to my life since 1979.

Ismael and Marci.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of the wes gals. You all look great. Miss you all!!!

~B

jet said...

It's great you were able to get out and enjoy some time with old friends.

Julie_c said...

What a nice afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time catching up and am so glad you and Ismael got to know each other. We love the beautiful photos!