Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Mushrooms

...rock.

I'm not sure why, but I have strayed from them. I used to eat them a lot during and right after college. Doing Dragon's Way brought them back into my life, and recently, they have truly returned, with a vengeance.

I cut out meat and cheese as of yesterday and these meat-y fungi make me forget any cravings that come on. This morning I sautéed some with shallots (thanks to Big Daddy for turning me onto these) and scallions (and olive oil)...

and put them on toast slathered with mayo :-) Yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm ...mushrooms. I made a bok choy/shitake soup tonight. Portabellos were my "meat" for about 20 years. I strayed, ingesting the real thing for a few years, and am now headed back to the 'shroom way. They are soooo good for the stomach, too. The toast and mayo thing is making my mouth water!!

My word verification tonight is "butwin." And yes, it's making me laugh from deep in my tummy. And it's making me think of our kids lol!

shirley said...

That's hilarious...

Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah, mushrooms are at the center of so many of my favorite comfort dishes...

What is Dragon's Way, if I may ask?