Sunday, February 22, 2009

Workshop notes

I enjoyed the workshop given by Master Lu on Massage for Childhood Illness. I thought it was going to be more hands-on and wasn't prepared to take notes. The setting was very clear energetically (no surprise really) and I flt like the info was being transmitted/received very clearly as a result. And felt comfortable that i would remember enough.

Here are my notes. Kelly, please add anything/let me know if you remember something I left out. If anyone reading this has questions, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to respond.

• kidney and stomach root of all childhood illness

• kidney inherited qi

• stomach developing/self-generating qi (in kids)

• back rub - down the vertebrae of the spine

• warms hands and feet - massage if cold during sleep

• belly needs warmth during sleep (haramaki)

• sore throat, even from post nasal drip (heat) - peppermint

• all others (cold) - ginger

• nuts, black sesame seeds, fish, barley - good for kidney

• breakfast most important, dinner needs to be satisfying but not too much

• avoid yogurt (and other cold foods), especially in morning

• fish and bone broth sources of calcium for bone growth/health

• peak of qi for boys is 16 years old (two 8 year cycles); 14 for girls (two 7 year cycles)

• 1 hour of sunlight per day needed in order to convert/absorb vitamins

• qi goes from pure/most “down” ie. from kids to parents...the more the parent is unbalanced vs. conscious of what they’re doing/how they’re acting, the more energy gets sucked out from the kids vs. kids allowed to keep their pure, naturally healthy energy

• fevers - back rub 5-10 min. 2x/day; plain easy to digest foods, tea/water/juice

• high fevers - let out a drop of blood from the top of ear with sterilized needle (massage the area first)

• trouble sleeping is an indication of imbalance in kidney/stomach

No comments: