Monday, January 26, 2009

Size 0 needles

I need to stop buying sock yarn. Because I cast on Sag's socks, which actually uses sock yarn (I used worsted weight yarn for Gem's and my socks), and I am not liking knitting with these itty bitty needles! US size 0 to be exact. 2mm in diameter these things are. Oh my.

I think the casting on may be the toughest part and if that holds true, the experience should improve. This is my third attempt at getting these going and so far, so good. Except my arms and shoulders are sore...


I knit my first Calorimetry with the Silver Thaw, but contrary to what I told Wendy, I am seriously considering unraveling it and reknitting it with smaller needles. Because I don't swatch, the thing came out too big. I thought I could live with it, but with each passing day I'm thinking that maybe I can't. Not with yarn that special.

Onto happier news, I finally talked to Julia on the phone today. My sweet, sweet friend who became my friend in Sacramento. We go long periods with no direct communication, but when we talk it's as if no time has passed. Boom, we're right there, back together again. I am so lala that I am realizing that not only do I love my friends, I am so in love with having my friends.

What would I do without you? I would be bereft. Truly. Each and every one of you.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

"...each and every one of you."

But especially me, right? (wink.)