The kids have been interested in creating their own websites for awhile. Honestly, it hasn't been a priority for me. So they did what kids do. They made their own.

They converted a Knex storage box into their hardware.
Sag's website is called CoolCreatures.com. Gem has made two: Urine.com and InvasionDolls.com.
They made "home" screens replete with ads and buttons to click to get to other parts of the site.

Some pages are "under construction" which I thought was beyond adorable.

Here's a Cool Creatures toy sword you can buy "for only 1¢!!!"

Can you guess which website's main page this is (the color of the page is your hint)?
5 comments:
This is beyond awesome! I love there homemade websites. Actually, the best way to create a website online is to first map it out on paper so they're already a step ahead.
Oops, I meant "their." I always forget to double check spelling/grammar.
That is interesting about mapping websites out on paper first---I had no idea.
Well, it doesn't have to be on paper, you could do it on the computer. But the idea is that you do a wireframe grid of the layout so you know what pages you need to create and links, etc. Although, people might not do this as much anymore. Sort of like story boarding a video. Students typically skip that step and then realize they missed something during the videotaping. I'll confess, I've also been guilty of this.
UG - the final pic won't upload - but I bet it's for Urine.com.
Hilarious!!!
Post a Comment