Friday, January 09, 2009

New pink hat


It's a smidge big. If I knew someone with a big old head (like me) who liked pink (like me), I would consider passing this along. It's such a quick knit and I have another skein of the yarn (the size large took less than a skein).

But, I don't. So I think it's mine. Which is, truly, fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are wearing a Thorpe hat already. You just put it on your needles! What did you say one post ago? You're not a knitting machine? I beg to differ! I came home from our visit Thursday, started my wrist warmers (with the beautiful blue-mix yarn I came home with - Thank you!!), and as of 7pm Saturday, they are a wopping 4 inches long. And I've been knitting every free second I get! Anyway, your hat is beautiful!

xo Kelly

shirley said...

:-) I do knit fast when I know what I'm doing.

What I meant by not being a knitting machine is that I can't just knit for the sake of knitting. I need to *want* to be knitting what's in my hands at any moment.

4 inches is nothing to sneeze at---that's 1/3 done if you're making them 12 inches long (mine are 11 inches.)

Love you.

Julie_c said...

Love the new hat!

shirley said...

Thanks :-) There is a crochet border that I am considering adding. Wendy gave me a nudge of encouragement and I agree with her that it would look good on the hat.

I've found a good tutorial on youtube for the half double crochet stitch. Now I need to pick a contrasting yarn and summon the courage to give it a go.