Friday, March 02, 2012

More books


A book my parents gave me.  It's one of the first books I remember owning and reading.  Gem chose this for a read aloud after Wildwood.  We enjoyed it.  It's got some spots of old fashioned racist crap and some spots of laugh-out-loud hilarity.  Overall, a clever and engaging book.


A classic in our home.  Given to us years ago by friends who are Irish, this book is funny. funny, funny. Sag picked this for read aloud.


My pick for read aloud.  She is one of my favorite authors.  She was my first.  If I read this book, which I've had since it was published in 1999, I don't remember it.  We are intrigued and I am already enamored.


I have this out from the library.  I flipped it open because my John Irving book was in the bedroom where Gem had a rare late morning.  I am fascinated by the science of fe/male brain/hormonal differences.  But also turned off by the generalities that the author utilizes in talking about fe/males, so far.  Provocative and challenging.  I am considering buying the book.


This one I added to my "to read" list.  It's the memoir Paul Weitz (Wes grad) adapted for his movie "Being Flynn".


Another one added recently to my "to read" list.  Essays about life tied into knitting.  Yes, please.


Also added to the "to read" list.  Alex Chee (Wes grad) mentioned this book in a recent blog post.  Lit up my brain..

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

LOVED the title for Suck City!

I'm reading Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos with Cam and Where Things Come Back on my own. The latter has a slow start but I hear it gets really, really good so I'm toughing it out.