I said to Vinny today, only half-joking: I want meds or a lobotomy. My brain and my mind (yes, I do think of those things as fairly distinct) have been swelling lately. Not literally, but they have been taking up and over a lot of space. Crowding out light, clarity and peace.
He said something interesting, instant perk-up-my-ears kind of news: until the digestive stuff is taken care of, there's no sense in moving up to the mind.
Huh.
Makes total sense, but somehow, it had never come up in conversation between us (vis-a-vis TCM). I think, in part, I have not let on to him the extent to which my mind can take over my being. This Spring, with its own movement, its own upheaval, its own cleansing, he is getting a better picture of this aspect of me.
I am motivated with this new understanding between us. I've been feeling at a plateau the last few weeks. I am ready to push through and am finding some energy to do just that.
Here's my post-Vinny happy face:
Peace and love to you, to us all.

3 comments:
As I'm trying to figure things out and seem to be making some headway I find that my mind is over active. I think the ego is very unhappy that I may be figuring out some things and it's putting up a dam good fight to keep me where I am (hence the anxiety and panic).
I hope you figure out the digestive stuff quickly as I'm sure it will ease your mind.
I think you look great in your post Vinny photo!
Sending lots of peace and love your way.
"I think the ego is very unhappy that I may be figuring out some things and it's putting up a dam good fight to keep me where I am (hence the anxiety and panic)."
Wow, what an insight. Thank you for sharing that.
My digestive stuff is...old. But, I've been chipping away at it with Vin's help for awhile. I do have a strong feeling of "everything in its time". I am at the point where I can make my next move. Nothing can change the fact that this moment is happening now. No sooner, no later.
It is also knotted up tightly and deeply with emotional stuff. Hence the difficulty of just "fixing" it :-)
I am feeling hopeful and appreciate having fellow travelers :-)
Thank you for complimenting my photo. It is a reflection of this buoyed mood :-)
I'm still doing the therapeutic breathwork and it's brought up some deep emotional stuff. Sort of had a bit of a breakthrough at the last session but I still have a lot to work through. Like you I'm going to keep chipping away at it.
Glad you are feeling hopeful. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment