Besides the usual (feeding the kids and keeping them on some sort of track with their learning activities), I basically got one task done today. (Cleaning up the computer/my desk.)
There was a frenzy around 4pm. I made Carrot-Tofu Scramble for Gem to bring to Donna's, I took a shower (ahhh), Cap and I made a food shopping list for the two celebrations happening here this weekend, and I scootched the kids to get ready to leave the house.
Donna took the kids for a few hours. Cap and I headed out to run errands which took over two hours. 'Tis the season.
It starts with Sag's birthday which is immediately followed by Thanksgiving (which means time split between Massachusetts and New York kin...and the celebration of two grandparent birthdays.) Then comes NRC (National Reading Conference) which pulls Cap away for a week. Then comes our anniversary, right during finals. Then Christmas, again with splitting time amongst the kinfolk, which coincides with getting grades in. By the time New Year's Eve arrives we are noodles.
So, yeah, driving around making stops here and there for over two hours on a Friday evening...marks the start of this crazy season.
There was some lovely. (And you know how much I dig the lovely.) Despite the cooking and cleaning tasks between then and tomorrow's family celebration, Cap and I hit pause and had some connecting time. And though the slow service at Greek Delights was kind of excruciating in moments (picking the kids up at 8:30 became picking them up at 9:15), I was able to relax. And I really appreciated that we took some time out for ourselves.
Because it is starting, the annual seasonal cyclone.
image pulled from web.
P.S. Enjoyed some Greek coffee with dinner and it has powered me through vacuuming. I am now off to clean the bathroom. At 11pm!

No comments:
Post a Comment