Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mid-week mumble

image pulled from web.

When I woke yesterday from what felt like the force of anxiety, the first thing I thought was that I still hadn't gotten us to the post office to have our passport applications processed.  We are traveling to Japan in February and the kids' and my passports have all expired.

For anyone who needs passport photos, if you are a member of AAA they will take photos for you for free or some minimal fee.  Someone at the post office told me that.  My satisfaction that we'd bettered the post office photo fee of $15.99 per with the CVS rate of $9.99 per was short-lived.

The good news is that it's all done.

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen.  

I made vegetable soup.  I sautéed onion and garlic from the farm with some ginger.  Mmm.  So aromatic.  I added carrots and salad turnips and spinach from the farm.  Poured in a carton of No Chicken Broth and crumbled in a tab of veggie bouillon.  Gem remarked that it smelled good, out in the front room...a soft implosion of warm joy infused my insides :-)

I noticed the bananas were very ripe and decided to make a banana bread.  It had been awhile.  Banana bread also smells so good when it's baking!  The kids declined the walnuts and none of us was feeling the call of chocolate chips.  A plain banana bread it is.

The wind blows and blows outside, it's dark at 5:15pm...  Betty Carter croons and swings on my iTunes.  Sag's virus is holding on, I have teetered into maybe having a cold.

Love and light to you.


No comments: