The need for liver has passed.
Digging around the CSA bag last night before making dinner I came upon a bunch of baby bok choy.
My mental note was still at the top of the pile this morning so when I had the shallot (from the farm) and onion (from the farm) sautéeing and was deliberating about what else the package of gourmet mushrooms needed, I remembered the bok choy.
A flash of inspiration had me tossing in a handful of walnuts as the veggies cooked down in the vessel of iron (that mental note was close enough to the top of the pile to be remembered, as well.)
I almost put the carton of eggs away, but at the last minute, decided to fry an egg to complete the bowl.
Everything went atop a bit of white rice leftover from last night. (There is often hot rice at the ready thanks to the trusty rice cooker.)
Seasoning? Salt and pepper. Oil? Safflower. Morning rice bowl? Yum.
3 comments:
This sounds good (except for my distaste of mushrooms.) I thought you were off eggs? I'm on a morning oatmeal kick myself.
Mmmm :-) Do you mean you no longer feel like you need liver or you found other things to get your iron from? Either way, I hope you're feeling well :-D
J: I was off eggs for a few weeks, but Dragon's Way has fallen by the wayside in many ways.
Theoretically, in times of chaos, pushing through with a practice like Dragon's Way is recommended because it will help.
But, between Gem getting sick last week and then Sag and Cap getting sick, getting my period, and experiencing two weeks of extreme mental fogginess...I felt really depleted and run down.
So I haven't been practicing Qigong and I've been eating some meat (and organs :-) and some eggs.
Ebb and flow...ebb and flow...
S: I do still need to be aware of my iron intake, but this morning I felt a quiet yet distinct "no" as I pulled the chopped liver out of the fridge.
When I'm PMSing and while I have my period I often crave dairy and meat. Now that I'm past that part of my cycle, my need for meat is subsiding.
So I decided to cook my breakfast in the cast iron pan instead :-)
I'm still run down. Cap's taking Sag to the doctor this afternoon. Cap's going to ask her to take a look at his throat while he's there.
I'm worried that this virus is going to interfere with birthday celebrations!!!
Post a Comment