Saturday, November 06, 2010

Addendum

I connected to the Indigo Girls page on Facebook last night.  They post photos of their set lists which is very handy :-)


I now know that they opened with Devotion, a new-to-me song.

I also discovered from fan comments that it was a rare occurrence for Amy to sing Romeo and Juliet.  It was a highlight (in a show with so many), but I've actually seen her perform it before so I didn't realize how special it was for much of the rest of the crowd.

I was laughing to myself during the song because I had forgotten that their Romeo and Juliet was Dire Straits' Romeo and Juliet.  It had unconsciously become a different song in my mind.  So when she started singing, I thought, oh nice, she's covering Dire Straits...I wonder why she's not doing her own Romeo and Juliet song?  Interesting cognitive dissonance was experienced for a few moments :-)

Also discovered this morning that their keyboardist's name is Julie Wolf, not Jennifer, as I wrote last night.

Eyes baggy, voice husky-hoarse, soul still aglow.  Must extricate self and insert back into the part of life which includes getting the children to swimming at 11.

No comments: