I recently signed up to receive NPR's Song of the Day in my virtual inbox.
A couple of weeks ago, in came Lucy Wainwright Roche. Her voice, noted for its clarity, charmed me enough that I bought the song, October, from iTunes. (It didn't hurt at all that the song features the Indigo Girls.)
I listened to the song again this evening and fell hard. Once I saw that her CDs weren't available through my library system (which is part of a vast network of libraries), I fretted. Her voice is so lovely that I wanted the recordings non-compressed (not as MP3s). But, I couldn't quite justify dropping the cash for her new CD and two previous EPs all at once.
But, I was smitten. Enthralled. I wanted them all.
I asked Cap what he would do, and he said buy one (ever reasonable, grounded, conservative).
So, I went back to her website to buy one and when I was redirected to Paypal to make payment, there I saw 40+ bucks sitting there, what remained from my last few Waldorf book sales (most of that money had already gone back to the family checking account in dribs and drabs).
Game changer :-)
I ordered the CD and both EPs.
Check her out here and here and here, I'm in love.
P.S. It hit me a few minutes ago that Lucy's voice is reminiscent of my long ago love, Lui Collins.
P.P.S. Yes, Lucy comes from a family of singer-songwriters...her mom is Suzzy Roche and her dad is Loudon Wainwright III...her half-brother is Rufus Wainwright.


2 comments:
It's like finding a wadded up $20 in your back pocket! Awesome!
Nicely put :-)
Post a Comment