I was going to post something else, but this picture of me is begging for a post.
At first, I thought, oh good, a decent picture. And I slapped it onto my sidebar and also onto my FB profile.
Now, I'm looking at it and marveling because I got very little sleep last night. I went to bed around 10:30 and could not fall asleep. Maybe it was the gusty, gusty wind (I am an Air sign after all, maybe my soul was communing with kindred spirits as they blew around and past), maybe it was the handful of TJ's dark choco almonds I had pretty late in the evening, maybe I was just due for some insomnia.
I fell asleep around 3am and was awoken once when Sag came in after a nightmare and then for good around 7:30 when Gem came looking for Sag and crawled in, too.
I've been moving slowly all day, taking it easy because I'm tired. Cap and I have been working diligently on rearranging and reorganizing. I meal planned and he went food shopping (he freaked out the folks at Whole Paycheck because he was walking around with a clipboard...he told them the truth, that he was comparison shopping, and he was told he couldn't do that. But he did.)
There's been quite a bit of dust and the air purifiers are working overtime.
So why do I look so relaxed in this picture? How is it that I am kind of glowing?
I think it's the Qigong. I have been practicing every day for the last three days and though I haven't been practicing for long periods, I think just the little bit of consistency is already making a difference.
(I haven't gone out in two days so it's not fresh air/exercise...and I have been eating mostly vegan, but not totally.)
I do like rearranging, too. It gives one's space a new look and feel, which can be uplifting and internally transforming. It has been good to realize that the "stuff" that so often feels like an albatross 'round my neck is comprised of some useful items. Now that we're scaling back on spending, it's good to discover things we'll be able to use to make our own fun.

7 comments:
You do look wonderfully radiant and energetic, in this photo! I appreciate the reminder, regarding spiritual/energy practice -- it's a timely nudge, for me.
And, yes, decluttering and rearranging the stuff in my space always makes a huge difference -- and sometimes makes me manic and insomniac for a few days before I get used to the new flow of energy in the house.
*Happy New Year*!
Interesting...I hadn't put together the manic/insomniac energy and the rearranging. Thank you for mentioning that. Miss you ♥
They told him he couldn't do that? How strange...
It feels good to reorganize. We got a bit of that done this week and hopefully will chip away at more as the month passes.
Glad to hear the Qigong is making a difference!
Yeah, wtf with the "you can't do that" comment! I think I'm going to bring a clip board and do the same thing, just to see what happens.
I am so in need of some consistent Qi practice. December was a total bust. January is looking better, though I confess, my practice time is also my main knitting time, and knitting has been winning consistently :)
Santa re-arranged our living room on Christmas eve, and it's feeling pretty nice. Todd also hooked up my new computer station in my office and I'm loving how much less cluttered the space is. I love re-arranging rooms! Can't wait to see what you all have done!
If I had had the time and energy, I was going to contact WF's corporate office bc it is ridiculous, what they said to him. A store manager type of person hovered about him the whole rest of the time he was there and would periodically ask him if he needed help!
@Kelly: I have been doing so little knitting...kind of shocking, really. I do go in and out of intense phases. I have not forgotten about your blogeversary knitted item. It's on my mind.
I did a quick scarf for Sag and just started another quick bday scarf for our friend W in MA. But, other than that? Nada.
Good luck with your reorgs and decluttering y'all!
You look radiant!
Decluttering is always so freeing. After getting rid of garage full of stuff in LA, I could still get rid of more:)
Energy work is also so good...I just found my massage/reiki healer/friend on FB. He had moved to NC. What would i do without the internet?
p.s. I'm enjoying your music:)
@M: the internet has been really good to me, as well...reconnecting with old friends and more unexpectedly, connecting with people I once knew, but not very well, and becoming closer to them than ever before.
We have a bunch of stuff in the basement here which is mostly transforming to garbage because 1) we're not using it so really we don't need it; and 2) it gets pretty wet down there and much of it is probably getting moldy. I'm aiming to move that stuff out in the Spring.
xoxo
Post a Comment