Spent the day cooking yesterday. I am slow and steady in the kitchen.
I fed us and our co-op dinner friends some of my Japanese comfort foods: onigiri, tamagoyaki, miso soup with wakame and daikon half moons, spinach and kale with tofu and miso paste, steamed broccoli, and a giant fruit salad (apples, oranges, green grapes and pineapple) with toasted walnuts and toasted, shredded coconut.
The aroma of the coconut toasting knocked my socks off. Except it was more like pulling on the coziest pair ever.
And I made a cucumber and wakame salad that I forgot to serve.
Cap added brackets to the new shelf in the kitchen and decluttered some in there which made a significant difference to the feel of that patch of the room. He also cleaned, vacuumed, and took care of setting the table and washing dishes afterwards. A team effort.
I saw Vinny in the afternoon and felt great, but by the time dinner was over, I was fending off virus-y symptoms and my neck and shoulders turned to granite. I've got to hand it to my immune system though, I feel fine this morning. A little fuzzy from watching Lost and then Top Chef last night. Didn't fall asleep till 2:00 or so.
I finished Breaking Dawn, finally. It was great. I enjoyed the series a lot.
The Math Power book continues to tickle me. What a voice Pat has that comes through so truly in her writing.
I'm doing some intense knitting to finish the baby blanket for Leo, who was born on Saturday. I'm hoping to meet the little boy today.
4 comments:
I am so excited that LOST is back. I only wished it had run from 8-10. Unlike you, I like to be in bed by 10. My mind and body shut down early.
So, I think Ben is the one who sent lawyers to Kate's house. I think Sun is turned E-Vil. And How on earth is Ben going to get Hurley out of prison? (And I don't know if Hurley should have confessed to three murders like that. Scan forward, my husky friend.)
The recap ep showed to me clearly how f-ed up Ben is...but is he more evil than C. Widmore? There's something in me that pulls for Ben...wanting to unearth the good that I'm pretty sure is in there.
Having said that, I wouldn't put it past him to flush Kate out by sending those lawyers to her house.
I don't know about Sun...I have a feeling she's going to realize that there is a greater evil than Ben and change course.
I also don't think Jin is dead so that when they reunite things will change for her.
I also don't want to think that Jin is dead - he'll have to show up soon though.
But I just rewatched some of it and here's my new theory. SUN sent the lawyers to Kate's house b/c she wants Kate to THINK that Ben is doing it. Sun stated she wants to kill Ben and I think she wants Kate on board. That's why Sun just happened to call Kate the same say. Also, I do think Sun still blames Kate for not getting to Jin so if she can get Kate to do her dirty work maybe Kate will either be killed herself or go to jail.
But I agree with you about there being something redeeming about Ben. What a great actor, for one thing! But it's like he's so despicable, but he believes in what he's doing and you feel like he really cares so much about the island that it's craziness based on a higher purpose and not just being evil - which is why I think we accept him a little more.
I don't know enough about Widmore to get a feel on him. I hope we learn more this season.
TE HE HE!
Yes---I think you're onto something with Sun. There was something in her eyes as she talked to Kate about the lawyers. I think she was playing her.
But, I don't think she blames her for Jin's death. Or if she did, when she saw that Kate was feeling so guilty about it, was able to let go of that blame herself.
Around watercoolers all over the nation, people are doing what we're doing ;-)
I opened my present today---thank you for the beautiful earrings!!
Post a Comment