Thursday, July 25, 2013

Whole30 :: Day 9

The windows are open again.

(Part of me wants to drop the mic and exit the stage.)

I started feeling better last night and feel much restored by a solid 7 hours of sleep in a room with open windows.

But, as my eyes and mind clear, I see/feel so much clutter all around me, tangible and less tangible.

Let's move on.

The food situation has been good, occasionally tricky with fatigue in terms of what I've had at my disposal: food- and energy-wise.  I haven't been able to stick to the vague notion that I should try to have just one cookie a day, but I have stayed on the sugar-, grain- and dairy-free wagon.

 chocolate chili with garlic scape pesto.

lemon basil cookies with an iced decaf americano.

string beans from the farm with avocado oil mayo.

 desperation salad.

pastured egg scramble with scallion, scape pesto and purslane from the farm.

The kids are winding down their homeschooling work with me.  They are on break as of Monday until September.


I finished The Ticking Is The Bomb and loved it.  I'm waiting for a few books from the library now.  Dirty Wars is up next.  Also waiting for this and this and this.  It's funny, I really want to read this, but am waiting for it to come out in paperback so I can buy it.  It hadn't occurred to me to get it from the library...because I want it on my shelf.  I almost bought it at my indie shop a few weeks ago with a gift card, but decided to get two paperbacks for the same price.

On a related note, I am considering audiobooks.

Peace and love and Willie.


1 comment:

Susan Gurry said...

I LOVED "The Ocean at the End of the Lane"! I inhaled it!