Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday 5

(in no particular order...)

1. Japchae.  A delicious Korean noodle dish that Melody fed me.  So good.  Glass noodles made from sweet potatoes, with carrot, spinach, mushroom and onion...seasoned with salt, sugar and soy sauce, cooked with vegetable and sesame oil.  Yum, yum, yum.


2. Johnny Weir.  Dude's such a free spirit.  I love him.  Thoroughly enjoyed his skating at these Winter Games.  Looking forward to catching some eps of his docu-reality show on the Sundance Channel.


3. Shadow Tag.  The latest from my favorite author.  The library called today to let me know it's in.  Picking it up tomorrow and am determined to read it before it's due back in 2 weeks.

 

4. My girl back in Lima.  Wearing one of the shirts she bought on one of our shopping outings.  I miss her something fierce.


5. The kids and I listened to "Here Comes Science" for the first time today, another gem of a CD from They Might Be Giants.  Sag fell in love with this song, he's definitely got his dad's (and mine, too) DNA.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I've been thinking about that Japchae since the last time I went to Melody's house and she served it. Seriously. Just didn't know what to call it. Soooo good. I keep meaning to go by Kam Man to see if they have the noodles. Maybe this week while the kids are in gymnastics...

The kids and I have also been loving the new They Might Be Giants. So many good videos.

Anonymous said...

Lima looks so warm!... the dish looks so yummy... love the free spirit. I'm going to try to find his skating to watch... Let me know how the book is.I like her too...Always love TMBG.