Louise Erdrich.
Her first novel, Love Medicine, changed my life.
I own all of her books. (Except for Shadow Tag, her latest, which I borrowed from the library.)
When I saw her, at the now defunct Wordsworth in Harvard Square about 10 years ago, Laura was with me and I was out of my mind with swoon. (I remember very little of that event.)
The novel before Shadow Tag, Plague of Doves, I never finished.
Shadow Tag came out in a burst of controversial fanfare. It is a fast read (the only kind of read I can muster, sadly, for what feels like the longest time). A novel that certainly can be described as a departure. But, masterful nonetheless.
And you 30 Rock fans will know what I mean when I say, "Twist!"

1 comment:
I remember! I was like you. She read from her new book at the time (the cover is in my head, not the title!) and I immediately went to buy it. I told her I was a teacher. She said it was the most important job...swoon and swoon again!
Post a Comment